"Harmony" Juried Exhibition 2019
A community art exhibition in collaboration with the San Anselmo Arts Commission and in celebration of Cedars Centennial: 100 years of supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
THIS CALL FOR ARTISTS IS NOW OPEN
*SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JULY 1, 2019*
July 1, 2019
"The hidden harmony is better than the obvious." Pablo Picasso
For many artists, their art making is a way to discover and explore the harmonies that exist hidden within the noise and discord of our complicated lives. The resulting work may be abstract or representational. This show will feature these moments of pleasure and solace and balance, created by diverse members of our community.
Sculpture, painting, drawing, photography, collage, mixed media, and fiber art
$35 for up to 3 pieces per artist
Artist Within - A Cedars Gallery
603 San Anselmo Ave, San Anselmo, CA 94960
Claudia Tarantino and Bill Abright, San Anselmo, CA
August 2, 2019 – September 13, 2019
August 2, 2019 5-7 pm
Marin County and San Francisco Artists.
Digital Entry: Wednesday, June 26 midnight PST
Artist Notification: Wednesday, July 17 (by email)
Artwork Delivery: Thursday, July 25 11 - 5 pm (in-person) & Friday July 26 11 - 5 pm
Exhibition OPENS: Friday, August 2 Reception 5 - 7 pm
Exhibition CLOSES: Friday, September 13
Art Pickup: Saturday, September 14 11 - 5 pm (unsold work) & Sunday, September 15 11 - 5 pm
ENTRY PROCESS and DIGITAL IMAGE FORMAT
• Send up to three JPEGS to
• Send JPEGS at 300dpi. Images should not exceed 2MB.
• Save images with Last Name, first initial, submission number, size of work, title, and medium. (example: Jones,M_1, 24”x 24”,Serenity,Pastel)
• Email your online entry form to email@example.com. or mail your entry form and check to Artist Within - A Cedars Gallery
• All work must be ready for display. Paint must be dry.
• Wall hung pieces must be securely wired.
• All work must be labeled with Artist’s name & Contact information.
• Maximum size of work should be 36” x 24” Gallery Policies/Requirements include:
• Not all artists will have work selected for showing. Final artwork selections are up to the Exhibit Juror(s) and/or Curator/installer. • Sold artwork must remain on view for the first two weeks of the exhibition.
• Artists agrees to a 40% commission to Artist Within from all sales.
• While all reasonable care is taken with submitted artwork, Artist Within strongly recommends that exhibiting artists carry their own insurance. Artist Within will not assume any liability for any damage or loss.
• By submitting work, artists agree that photographic images and/or video of the artist and/or their artwork, in whole or in part, may be used by Cedars for publicity in various forms including print, online and social media.
Email up to three images to with your completed entry form.
Submit entry fee. If you are paying by check, complete your entry form and mail it along with check to: Artist Within, 603 San Anselmo Ave, San Anselmo, CA 94960
Questions? Call Artist Within, A Cedars Gallery at 415-454-2568